Publishing an Application by Rolling Update¶
Rolling Update is a deployment mode for application publishing (replacing old pods with new ones gradually), while continuing to serve clients without incurring downtime.
You need to maintain only 1 cluster if Rolling Update is used. The pods of the cluster can deploy new versions of the application independently. Different from the Blue-Green Deployment, the Rolling Update deploys applications smoothly.
For more information about Rolling Update, see Zero-downtime Deployment in Kubernetes.
Creating a Publish Form¶
In the EnOS Management Console, navigate to Enterprise Container Platform and select Publish > Rolling Update.
Click New Publish Form and provide details for the following.
- Application: Select the application to be published.
- Environment: Select the environment to publish the application.
- Cluster: Select the cluster for the application.
- Resource Type: Select the resource that is used for publishing the application.
- Docker Image: Select the image of the application to be published. If needed, click the resource name to update the configuration of the resource.
Click OK and check the details of the publish form.
In the Publish Operations section, click Start to start publishing the application.
Checking the Publish Result¶
When the publishing starts, the status of the publish form is changed to Running. You can check the running status and result of the publish form in the Publish Logs section.
When the publishing is completed, if it is successful, you can click Close in the Publish Operations section to close the publish form. If you need to roll back to the previous version of the application, click Rollback, and the system will start the operation immediately.
If the publishing fails, you can click Start in the Publish Operations section to publish again, or click Rollback, and the system will roll back to the previous version of the application.