About the Enterprise Container Platform¶
The EnOS Enterprise Container Platform (ECP) provides high-performance, scalable, and end-to-end container application development and deployment services to simplify the integration, maintenance, and scaling of applications, which enables application developers to quickly develop, build, and deploy applications without worrying about the IT infrastructure complexities. The container service provided by EnOS ECP streamlines the configuration of clusters and containers, thus building the best container runtime environment on the cloud.
The architecture of the ECP is shown in the following chart.
The EnOS ECP supports the creating of multiple organizations (tenancies), where each organization can maintain multiple application development projects and project members independently.
- Organizations do not share container resources, achieving tenant isolation.
- Projects in an organization do not share container resources, and the resource configuration of projects can be customized based on business needs.
- Organizations in ECP can be mapped to OUs in the EnOS Management Console.
Application Lifecycle Management¶
The EnOS ECP provides complete application lifecycle management capabilities, including:
- Creating an application development project.
- Managing project members.
- Creating and managing applications.
- Managing application deployment configuration and pipelines.
The EnOS ECP provides complete container services, simplifies the configuration of clusters and containers, and builds the best container running environment for applications, including:
- Deployment management (configuration of Deployments and Stateful Sets).
- Configuration management (configuration of Config Maps and Secrets).
- Route management (configuration of Services and Routes).
- Storage capacity request (configuration of Storage).
DevOps Continuous Delivery¶
The EnOS ECP supports the complete DevOps process from automatic code submission to application deployment, including:
- Configuring tasks by stages.
- Executing the configured tasks by stages.
- Viewing the task execution results.
The EnOS ECP supports multiple application publish modes to meet different business scenarios, including:
- Rolling Updates.
- Blue/Green Deployment.
- Helm Chart Deployment.
Serverless Function Service¶
The EnOS ECP provides a serverless function service to enable developers to build and run applications without thinking about servers and releases them from infrastructure management tasks, including:
- Cluster provisioning, patching, operating system maintenance, and capacity provisioning.
- Resource allocation and scheduling at the function level.
- Provides built-in templates and supports various programing languages and runtime.
- Enables fast build and deployment of applications to increase innovation agility.
- Dynamically scales and contracts resource based on the actual request.
- Provides log service to help monitor the operation situation and function testing.
The EnOS ECP provides centralized cluster management services, including:
- Resource quota management (CPU, memory, Pod).
- Network policies.
- Storage resource management.
The EnOS ECP provides database services for application development. The supported database services include:
The EnOS ECP provides a rich set of tools for application development and deployment, including: