About Application Enablement¶
The Application Enablement Platform provides toolkits, libraries, and services that help you leverage the IoT data and common data services and rapidly build, deploy, and scale applications. Through a loosely coupled micro-service architecture, EnOS encapsulates the complexity of the underlying technology, lowers the barrier of application development, and accelerates monetization time.
The major components and architecture of EnOS Application Enablement Platform is shown in the figure below.
Application development on EnOS starts from registering a service account (SA) for an application, and the application can then access EnOS services and data by presenting its SA.
Enterprise Container Platform¶
Based on the micro-service architecture, the Enterprise Container Platform offers end-to-end services that simplifies the development, testing, operation, and maintenance of applications.
- DevOps: Allows you to manage your application lifecycle on a project basis. Supports role-based access control to facilitate multiple roles to collaborate on a project and provides powerful git hosting and pipeline orchestration to streamline build, test, and deploy applications.
- Supports various programing languages such as Java, Node.js, Python, and Go.
- Supports orchestrating pipelines such as code scan, build, deployment, and Jenkins.
- Container management: A one-stop container operation and management that enables applications to scale up and down easily if needed.
- Cluster management: A centralized cluster resource quota management, network policy configuration, storage resource management, and other services for application development and deployment.
The API Management is a lightweight API lifecycle management service that enables applications to publish their services and capabilities through APIs. The service allows API developers to quickly develop and host APIs and API consumers to quickly invoke APIs.
EnOS Application Portal is a universal and flexible EnOS-based application portal for permission management and application access. It provides application developers with a unified RBAC-based permission system and login portal, and helps to ensure that end users can smoothly access and use applications in the same system with the same permissions, improving security control and reducing R&D costs.
Digital Twin Visualization¶
Integrated with EnOS Application Portal, the Digital Twin Visualization (DTV) service helps system integrators and business developers to develop data visualization and indicator analysis visualization applications through low code development, realizing quick development of IoT monitoring and operation applications.
The EnOS HMI enables you to quickly build visualization and monitoring applications. The tool has rich built-in visual elements which can simulate the equipment and charts of various industries fields to help in asset data and dynamics visualization. You can also use your own graphics when using the tool.
Mobile Application Framework¶
Common Data Service¶
The Common Data Service is used to complement the dimensions and breadth of data, such as weather, traffic, and market data (for example, electricity pricing) to help users gain insights and make more accurate business judgments. For example, an application might use the collected device data and weather data to run algorithms to predict the amount of electricity generated.